This is the Redbird Speed Stage 1 package for early A-Body General Motors vehicles from 1964-1972. This includes the Chevelle, GTO, El Camino, Olds 442, Cutlass, and Monte Carlo. Speciify year of car for the appropriate width. 1964-1967 rears are stock 60" wheel to wheel mount surface. The 1968-1972 A-Body is 61 1/8" from the factory. We can also do custom width at no additional cost. This 9" housing and axle package, center section, 2 piston front brake kit and single piston rear kit would be a good entry level package for a mild to low horsepower build. This is very relative to driving style and what you are doing with the vehicle. This would be good on street tires, going to car shows, doing some burnouts, and taking the family out for ice cream in style. Contact us if you would like to talk about this kit and if it is a good fit for your application.
QP Housing and Axle Package:
- 31 spline axles, 1541H, Access holes, 1 piece bearing, retainer plates, 1/2" Studs
- All of our housing use 3" OD tube stock with 1/4" thick walls. Fill/Drain with jack pad included
- Raw Finish
- This is designed to work with stock suspension.
- Yukon Iron case
- Tracloc Spring and Clutch style posi unit
- Daytona support
- 1350 yoke
- Gear and posi are setup in the Case
Baer Classic Series Brake kits
- Aluminum 2-piston caliper
- Powder-coated Red
- 11” slot, drill, zinc-plated rotors
- Braided brake hoses
- Rotor has cast/integral hub
- Includes bearings, races and seals
- Single-piston caliper
- Powder-coated Red
- 10.5” slot, drill, zinc-plated rotors
- Integral park brake in the caliper
This housing will be shipped out in its raw finish. You will need to paint it. This ships in 5 boxes by ground. Parts will need to be bolted together. Gear/Posi are setup in the case.
Free shipping applies to continental US 48 states only.
Sales tax only applies to Indiana residents.
Contact us if you have questions or would like to alter this item. Everything we do it custom and made to order.