QA1 Coil-Over And Crossmember Kit for 1973-1987 Chevy C10 | Single-Adjustable Shocks, 650 LB Springs
Do you already have QA1 Coil-Overs and Control Arms? : No
Adjustability : Single Adjustable
Spring Rate (lbs./in.) : 650
Upgrade your classic truck to a modern driving feel and performance. This kit has everything to convert your front end to coil-overs and a tubular crossmember with rack-and-pinion steering. This is a great way to overhaul your suspension in one go, giving you adjustable ride height to achieve the perfect stance with up to 8” of drop. All while dialing in the ideal ride quality and performance for your application while reducing weight by 140 lbs. over stock.
Rack and Pinion Steering
Powered rack-and-pinion offers quicker steering and a tighter feel. Plus, increase steering angle when fitting larger wheels and tires, and improve geometry for enhanced drivability.
Increased Ground Clearance
The crossmember and control arms make your undercab rails the truck’s lowest point. New upper shock mounts increase travel for a great ride and performance, even at low ride heights.
Adjustable Shock Valving
Single-adjustable shocks make it easy to tune your ride quality in seconds with the twist of a knob.
Easy, Bolt-In Installation
The crossmember comes powder coated and ready to install. No need to cut or weld your frame. It easily locates the steering rack, and you can choose mounts (sold separately) for common engines.
Modular Engine Mounts
Choose from modular engine mounts (sold separately) that allow you to reuse your existing transmission mount and driveshaft. Kits are available for small block Chevy, big block chevy and LS applications. DIY mounts are also available if you want to customize the location of your engine.
- If you already have QA1’s coil-over system, you can find retrofit kits to use your existing components
- Total drop range depends on wheel/tire fitment
- Will require you to trim inner fenders
- Engine mounts are year-range specific to maintain OE bellhousing location
- Optimized bump steer settings require at least 18” wheels
- 18” wheels can run up to 6” of backspacing
- 20” wheels can run up to 7” of backspacing
- Requires use of 1973-1987 C10 spindles
- May require different headers and oil pan (Stock SBC & BBC pans fit)
- Steering shaft is not included
- May require new power steering hoses depending on fittings, pump and engine placement