Air Suspension System with ShockWaves® for 1978-1988 GM “G” Body cars including Monte Carlo, Regal, Cutlass, Grand Prix, Lemans, El Camino and variants. Includes front & rear HQ Series ShockWaves® with integral rebound adjustable shock absorbers, front & rear StrongArm control arms and front & rear MuscleBars. This air ride system takes the guesswork out of choosing the correct air springs and suspension parts for proper handling and ride quality. The heart of the system is Ridetech’s exclusive monotube shock absorber technology with 24-position rebound adjustment to help you fine tune for your driving preferences and vehicle demands. Advanced technology hides within the shocks. The monotube design features large 1.834″ pistons, heavy duty 5/8″ shafts, and impact-forged bodies. Since HQ Series ShockWaves® are built to perform and made to last, they are backed by RideTech’s exclusive 1,000,001 mile warranty. Based on more than 20 years of R&D, the air springs are correctly sized for Monte Carlo, Grand National, T-Type, 442, Hurst/Olds, El Camino and all G-body variants. All components are available separately as well.
- Upper StrongArms feature tall ball joints to provide increased camber gain and the ball joint location has been moved back to allow for additional caster setting to improve high speed stability and steering feel. Offset slugs are also available for additional caster. Injection molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- Lower StrongArms feature a double sheer lower mount for increased strength. We have also dropped the lower shock mount to increase suspension travel and moved the lower ball joint forward to increase caster settings while keeping the wheel centered in the wheel opening. Injection molded Delrin bushings with 13% Teflon are used to reduce deflection and stiction.
- New Heim Style outer tie rods, studs and adusters are included to correct the bumpsteer.
- HQ Series Shockwaves utilize an impact forged aluminum body and Monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling. They allow fine tuning of the ride quality and handling the rebound knob is located at the top of the shock for under hood access. They come standard with a 1,000,0001 Mile Warranty. Interested in AutoCross or Road Course Racing? Consider the TQ Series CoilOvers which add remote reservoirs with high and low speed compression adjustments.
- Front MucleBar Sway Bar helps reduce body roll and creates room for wider front tires. An adjustable rate Rear MuscleBar is also included.
- Rear StrongArms provide added strength to help get the power to the pavement and utilize R-Joint Technology to combine the best qualities of low friction movement, lateral stability, full range articulation, and quiet operation into one special bearing that is as home on the street as it is on the racetrack.
*** To complete this Air Suspension system please choose an air management system